December 24, 2013 by londonbrewed
This year saw a whopping 17 breweries and brewpubs start brewing in London and bring their tantalising beers to our palettes.
Most of the new breweries opened South of the river with a total of 11. There’s also now a glorious 5 breweries in Bermondsey (soon to be 6) making Saturdays even more messier…
There’s even a vegetarian friendly brewery.
I’m sure you all have your favourites and hope you are not overwhelmed by the wide array. I really hope that this continues, making London the Beer Capital of the world again!
Breweries that began to brew in London and sell its beers commercially in 2013:
* Barnet Brewery (Barnet)
* Belleville Brewery (Wandsworth)
* Brick Brewery (Peckham)
* Brixton Brewery (Brixton)
* Brockley Brewing Company (Brockley)
* Clarkshaws Brewery (Dulwich)
* Earls (Islington)
* Ellenberg’s Brewery (Hanwell)
*The Five Points Brewing Company (Hackney)
* Four Pure Brewery (Bermondsey)
* Hoppy Collie Brewery (Wandsworth)
* Hop Stuff Brewery (Greenwich)
* Late Knights Brewery (Penge)
* Pressure Drop Brewery (Hackney)
* Shamblemoose Brewery (Penge)
* Truman’s Beers (Hackney Wick)
* Upstart Brewery (Dulwich)
* Weird Beard Brewing Co. (Hanwell)
London now has over 50 breweries/brew pubs in operation, with more in the planning.